Mr. Duncan's English Course: Lesson 1

Friday, January 28, 2011

Chapter 1: About Translation II

Okay...As you may know, I've put this god-forsaken blog down for quite a while because I have no ideas to put something into it...

But I've come up with ideas now...and it's about one of many courses that I have to take class in this semester: Translation II.

This course is like its counterpart in the last semester in terms of learning basis, though. Learning by doing, you say? Learn what? The contents you want to read. Do what? Translate them. So it can hence its course's name; Translation. While Translation I concentrates mainly on how to translate English Language documents to Thai, but you will have to translate Thai back to English instead.

...And the only way to translate certain languages to another languages effectively is to understand their grammars and structures thoroughly, in which require a great deal of work and experiences, as you always say which I'm too lazy to repeat it again and again. Well, because I also bear this principle in my mind all the time!

The other things that you have also said, my dear teacher, are consisted mainly of how to apply such things that I've learned from many courses in this bachelor degree to good use in the practical teaching. So many contents that you've told also. But you've just said that English courses aren't that "fixed", comparing to other courses involving other subjects...charming.

Well then, that's all for the first entry. I'll continue to the second shortly after this...

0 comments:

Post a Comment